WED: Pork with Squishy, Squashy apples and sweet potato fries
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
3 lb pork roast, tied
6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into eighths
1. In a small bowl, combine spices into a rub using a fork.
2. Place roast in baking dish and rub spices on all sides.
3. Spread apples around roast in dish.
4. Roast in oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until roast reaches 160 degrees.
5. Let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Sweet Potato Fries
prep time: 30 mins
cook time: 30-40 minutes
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 Tbsp paprika
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
2-3 small yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into the shape of french fries.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Melt coconut oil.
3. In small mixing bowl, add melted oil and spices. Whisk together
4. In large mixing bowl, add the cut up yams and drizzle with the spiced coconut oil.
5. Toss the potato spears with the oil mixture until all the spears are coated.
6. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and evenly spread the potato spears on the foil, do not crowd. You might need 2 baking sheets.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning the spears over halfway through cooking time. Increase cooking time if you cut your fries large or to achieve a crispier yummy yam spear.