- 2 sweet potatoes or yams, diced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot.
- Mix around.
- Cook for 3 hours on high.
- Use a hand blender, blender, or food processor and puree mixture until smooth. My 9 cup food processor fit it all just perfectly.
- Eat up! If you have leftover meat, add it to your soup…obviously.
EASY Butternut Squash SOUP in crockpot
1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed (poke holes in squash with a fork and microwave for 1 min or so to make it easier to peel, then cube).
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 apple, peeled and cut into chunks
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
Place all ingredients in slow cooker and set to Low. Allow to cook 6 to 8 hours. When squash is soft, blend soup with an immersion blender or carefully transfer to a blender to process. Consistency should be smooth and silky. Season with salt and pepper. Top with a swirl of olive oil.