Roasted Sweet Brussels Sprouts and Grapes
4 to 6 Servings
2 to 3 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 lb. red or purple grapes
¼ cup olive oil to coat
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tsp. garlic powder, plus more to taste
1 cup grated Parmesan (or other hard, salty cheese) (omit for paleo)
• Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
• Toss sprouts and grapes in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet.
• Roast 20 minutes. Stir, then roast approximately 20 more minutes, until brown and caramelized.
• Sprinkle the cheese on top of the mixture, lower the oven temperature to 425 degrees, and continue to roast 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- See more at: http://www.saucemagazine.com/blog/?p=34229#sthash.15ZSZbhC.dpuf
Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks. If you love cabbage, you are going to freak out about how good this is. Now, if you are on the fence about cabbage, you need to try this because this might be the recipe that converts you to a cabbage lover. This is a simple side dish worthy of a dinner party and couldn’t be easier to make. Four ingredients, a couple of minutes to prepare and toss in the oven for an hour. Ingredients 1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices 1.5 tablespoons olive oil 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed kosher salt freshly ground black pepper spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices. 2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic. 3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices. 4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. 5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!